I’m slowly trying to go plant-based( no big deal I’m already a vegetarian) for my body needs, since I keep trying I started off with baking vegan cakes. But whether you’re vegan or not you should try these yummy cakes to make your tummy happy. Since it’s my first post I will start with something sweet ( though I don’t add a lot of sugar in my cakes)
- 1 and a half cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oil (I used half vegetable oil and half olive oil, because I ran out of olive oil)
- 1 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup cane sugar (I usually add less sugar hence I used only 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of coffee decoction
- Chocolate flavored soy milk (1/2 cup or add till the batter attains dropping consistency) or almond milk or soy milk (if you’re vegetarian add normal cow’s milk)
- Crushed cashews or any nut topping of your choice
- A pinch of baking soda
Seive the flour with baking powder and cocoa powder ( atleast twice). Add the sugar and oil and keep mixing the flour. Then add the soy milk (or whatever milk you’re using) and keep mixing till the batter attains the dropping consistency. Add in the coffee decoction and mix for another five minutes. Add in the cashews or whatever nuts.
Pre- heat the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Grease the pan with oil and pour the batter (remember the batter should have dropping consistency) . Bake at 180 degrees for twenty minutes.Do not forget the tooth pick test. Cool and enjoy with ice cream. I usually like the vegan mango ice cream for brownies.